Wild Mushrooms in a Garlic & Herb Butter on Toasted Ciabatta
Rare Recipe from Glyn Roberts, Castle Cottage Harlech
Chef proprietor Glyn Roberts has a policy of using as much Welsh food as possible in the cooking at Castle Cottage, providing invaluable support to local producers. This also means menus change regularly with the seasonal availability of different products.
Wild Mushrooms in a Garlic and Herb Butter on Toasted Ciabatta (serves 4-6)
Preparation time : 20 minutes. Cooking time : 5 minutes.
- 300g (11 oz) mixed wild mushroom wiped clean (girolles, shitake, ceps, wood bluets etc)
- 75g (3oz) garlic & herb butter
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- Wild rocket leaves
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar syrup
- Slice bread length-wise and cut into squares, drizzle with olive oil and toast under grill.
- Cut larger mushrooms, if necessary, and put into a medium hot non-stick pan. Add a dash of olive oil, add the cleaned mushrooms, and toss for 1 minute, add garlic butter and a pinch of salt & pepper. Toss for a further minute.
- Place toasted bread on the leaves, and spoon on the mushrooms and pan juices/butter. Dress plate with a drizzle of the olive oil and balsamic syrup.