Marinated Pork Chops
Rare Recipe from Kelvin Parry, Peterstone Court
Peterstone Court has its own farm - Glaisfer Uchaf - supplying 90 per cent of the hotel’s free-range meat and poultry. While a network of outstanding local suppliers keep the kitchen stocked with a wide range of tasty ingredients.
Marinated Pork Chops (serves 2)
INGREDIENTS - PORK & MARINADE
- 2 10-ounce bone-in, extra-thick, centre-cut pork chops
- 112g cup hoi-sin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green onion (minced)
METHOD - PORK & MARINADE
- Mix all the ingredients together and place in a plastic food bag with the pork chops, leave to marinade for at least 12 hours
- Remove from the bag and place on char-grill or barbecue.
- Seal the meat on both sides for 4-5 minutes, or until a charcoal affect is reached.
- Transfer to an oven on 220°C for 15 minutes, leave to rest for a further 5 minutes before serving.
INGREDIENTS - MUSTARD SAUCE
- 50g red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 70g cup crème fraiche
- Cayenne, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
METHOD - MUSTARD SAUCE
- Mix all the ingredients together, fold in the crème fraiche last.