Rare Recipe from Kelvin Parry, Peterstone Court
Peterstone Court has its own farm - Glaisfer Uchaf - supplying 90 per cent of the hotel’s free-range meat and poultry. While a network of outstanding local suppliers keep the kitchen stocked with a wide range of tasty ingredients.
Chocolate Fondant (serves 4)
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- 180g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 90g flour
- Cocoa powder to dust
- Firstly, melt the butter and the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water until smooth.
- Then mix the sugar and the eggs with a wooden spoon until combined together creating a paste like consistency.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate to the eggs and sugar, and then slowly fold in the flour until all the ingredients are combined together.
- Lightly butter moulds and dash with cocoa powder.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 moulds.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and place the moulds in the fridge to rest while you wait for the oven to heat up.
- Place the moulds onto a tray before putting the in the oven, and cooking 12 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 3 minutes, and then turn out onto a plate.
- Dust the fondants with cocoa.
- Serve the fondant with a homemade or a good quality vanilla ice cream, and decorate the plate by painting a line of melted dark chocolate down the centre with a pastry brush.