Blackberry and Apple Cheesecake
Rare Recipe from Mike Morgan, Llansantffraed Court Hotel near Brecon
Llansantffraed Court owner Mike Morgan is passionate about good food, and meals at his hotel are a treat. The daily changing menu offers a wide variety of dishes using the finest of fresh local produce, complimented by a wide selection of fine wines and warm yet unobtrusive service.
Blackberry and Apple Cheesecake (serves 4)
- 1oz caster sugar (A)
- ½lb cream cheese(A)
- ½pint double cream, whipped (B)
- 1 cooking apple
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 4oz blackberry coulis
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 6oz crushed biscuits (coarse is best)
- 20 blackberries
- 8 slices of apple (very thin)
- Beat (A) together until fully incorporated, then fold in (B). Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Peel and chop the apple and gently simmer with other ingredients and a splash of water. When fully cooked, pass through a sieve, and chill until ready to serve.
- Set the coulis into a jelly following the instructions on the packet. When set, cut into cubes.
- Dip the apple slices into the syrup, lay on a flat tray and dry overnight in the oven on its lowest setting with the door ajar.
- To assemble - using the side of a spoon, drag 2 lines of the apple puree, onto the serving plates. Then scoop the cheesecake cream into two balls using an ice cream scoop and place over the apple puree.
- Sprinkle the crushed biscuit over for texture.
- Garnish with the blackberries, jelly cubes and apple crisps.