Christmas Mulled Wine
A delicious mulled wine recipe from Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
- 1 bottle red wine
- 60g / 2oz demerara sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- grated nutmeg
- 1 orange
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 60ml / 2fl oz sloe or damson gin (optional)
- Put the wine in a saucepan with the orange, sugar, bayleaf and the spices.
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Taste to see if you want the winesweeter and add more sugar to taste.
- Off the heat, stir in the sloe or damson gin if you are using it.
- Strain into heatproof glasses and serve at once.